Rodstrom Replacement Costs

The Broward County Supervisor of Elections office,

Supervisor Snipes

has sent the City of Fort Lauderdale an estimate on the cost of the Special Election to replace Commissioner Charlotte Rodstrom.

$108,000.00

Comments

• 7/24/2012 9:56 AM really wrote:
    Is this the total for both the primary and general election or is it $108,000 per each election (because you know damn well that there will be more than two candidates no matter if Miss Charlotte is running or not and that means a primary and a general election will be required).
  • 7/24/2012 10:03 AM she should pay it wrote:
    No one forced Charlotte Rodstrom to run for re-election this past January and then announce two weeks later that she was quitting. She should have stepped aside then, not run for city re-election, run for County Commission and save the taxpayers this waste of money. FOr a woman who supposedly watches every nickle and dime the CIty spends, she is quite the hypocrite.
  • 7/24/2012 11:45 AM MRT Resident wrote:
    Then to top that off, I hear if she is not successful in your County commission bid, she will then try to win her old city commission seat back? Is that possible? She is political opportunist, doing whatever she can to benefit herself at the expense of the taxpayers. I say boot her out of politics all together!
  • 7/24/2012 1:57 PM Ann wrote:
    Will there be a primary and then a general election if no one candidate gets 50%?
  • 7/24/2012 3:02 PM City Activist Robert Walsh wrote:
    Ok so it will cost 108grand to replace Mrs. Rodstrom(incidently its Dr.Snipes figure -not Charlotte'). I know alot of you think that she has turned her back on us(not sooo Shirley). Given the oppurtinuity to serve on the County Comm. ensures she will be able to reach out to more constituents, not just District 2(Ft.lau). Plus going over to the County, ensures that she will hav e our backs(alot of us will still be represented by her(district7-county). So 108grand to replace her is part of the process. And Mrs.rodstrom does not control the cost Dr.Snipes(who I like and respect)does. This price concerns some of you then get on the phone and call Dr.Snipes up and get the brakedown. Now for the other issues will you run for her seat City Activist($)Robert Walsh?. I know if I do some of you will sue me, as if I will end up in some pop-up tent in Holiday Park(as if). Th e answer is we will see who is in the running(if its Dino Trantalis and his side kick Earl Rynerson, then you bet. Sue me, I have documentation from guess who Dr. Snipes certifying my voting rights , are fine and there is no proplem. Some of you will say show me the Clemency paper-work, guess what i don't have to. Dr.Snipes calls the shots(108grand remember) not some of you. So th e answer is who is in the running. To kill all thi s speculation throw your hat into the ring-DAV Matawhani...We got your back....(don't always see eye to eye w/ him(mother) but I woul d have complete confiedence that he would do a good job..
  • 7/24/2012 6:13 PM punish her wrote:
    Rodstrom should be punished by her constituents by not voting for her for County Commission and then when she comes crawling back for her seat to run in a special election that she caused - vote her out for good. This is ridiculous. Wake up Fort Lauderdale.
  • 7/24/2012 9:07 PM MRT Resident wrote:
    I have to laugh when I see her commercials where she acts like she is some big anti crime candidate. What a joke. She has been our commissioner for how long now and crime is worse than ever. She holds her monthly crime meetings which are nothing more than a bitch session and a photo op for her. Nothing ever happens. Rather than come up with some creative plan to tackle the increasing crime in our neighborhood, she chooses to hold another monthly meeting so we can all get together and complain about it. She has no creative ideas.....she is a political hack!
  • 7/24/2012 9:42 PM Anonymous wrote:
    Yikes - a feral bunch in district 2 with these comments.
    who are the candidates racing for the seat in the special city election? if she wins on aug 14 does she have another race on nov. 6?
    1. 7/25/2012 7:03 AM county employee wrote:
      As there is no Republican in November, the winner of the August 14 Democratic primary is virtually assured the seat because of only a token write-in candidate on November 6.
      1. 7/26/2012 4:14 PM Anonymous wrote:
        that explains the lawsuit just filed so Aug 14 can be an 'open primary' where all can vote. sure would be funny if she does not get county seat, comes back to run in the city costing $108,000, and then get "Re-Elected" to serve till March 2015
  • 7/24/2012 10:19 PM highentropy wrote:
    political hack...? compared to Keechl? Really? Though not a fan of blabbering idiot walsh, he does have a point.... for once.
  • 7/25/2012 8:37 AM Just Saying wrote:
    Tim Ryan is running for County Commissioner District 7.
  • 7/26/2012 10:44 AM Charlene wrote:
    We are very happy that redistricting puts us now in that county commission district and just voted for her. She has done a good job as a city commissioner. Blame the majority of absentee slum landlords in SMR for crime and derelect properties.
    Changing some of these outdated election laws would save taxpayers money.
  • 7/27/2012 6:14 AM Fort Lauderdale resident wrote:
    Ken Keechel knocked on my door last month and we had a nice conversation about the crime in my area. He seemed to care. Charlotte camt to my home owners meeting and told us she wasn't running for her husbands seat. Then she did. I voted for ken when my ballot came. I don't like to be lied to.