Trantalis By A Nose !

...In one of the closest elections in Fort Lauderdale history,

... former Commissioner Dean Trantalis beat former Commissioner Charlotte Rodstrom, for the Fort Lauderdale District II seat, by 18 votes ...... yes, your vote can count!

No one, (including me) could call this election...everyone knew it would be a nailbiter  ...

It turned out to be mostly a battle between the wealthiest parts of District II ( that went strongly for Rodstrom), and the blue collar areas, (that went strongly for Trantalis).

The beach area, that essentially was tied in the primary between Rodstrom and Trantalis, went Trantalis this go round, strongly helped by former beach area president Steve Glassman...

More analysis later ! ...

Tim is happy !

Comments

• 3/12/2013 10:37 PM voter wrote:
    please serve your dist 2 constituents well in a fulltime capacity, and the rest of the city that paid for our $200k popularity/beauty contest
    you have the smarts, diplomatic skills and legal expertise to be wise and prudent on the dais
    please don't let us down
  • 3/12/2013 11:10 PM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
    Fort Lauderdale felt right tonight!
  • 3/13/2013 12:35 AM james wrote:
    I would like to say it's over" Go Dean" but it's not. It's now the time to put a side our differences that have divided some communities and let us all work toward a common goal of enriching our neighborhood by working together.Our new commissioner has a tough job facing him. I supported him because I knew he would be fare to all the districts whether he won their support or not.The Rodstroms have served the residents of Broward county for many years & we appreciate their service.This is a new chapter for our district with a new commissioner. I encourage all of us to work together to support each other and our newly elected official
  • 3/13/2013 10:50 AM Marge wrote:
    Congratulations Middle River Terrace! You came out and voted!.....

Looking forward to working with Dean. He succeeded in reaching out to neighborhoods who listened.
  • 3/13/2013 10:31 PM james wrote:
    Please do not plant the last financial dagger by asking for a recount Charlotte
    1. 3/14/2013 8:24 PM count them all wrote:
      Its not for her to decide. Elections Canvassing board is meeting tomorrow to discuss auto and/or manual recount for 3 races from tuesday's election day. Margins for recounts are set by statute.
  • 3/14/2013 1:58 PM Anonymous wrote:
    To Mayor Dean Trantalis when is the redistricting from 2010 census getting done by city?
    1. 3/14/2013 10:30 PM to anounamous wrote:
      Anonymous,
      You must have been one of Charlotte's well informed voters! Congratulation's for your wealth of knowlege of the office that was being run for. You were close thou,It came really close to being Mayor Charlotte, eventually.Remember one bird in hand, better than two in the bush.She kinda pick up one too many dessert plates at the political buffet and drop ed them both on the way back to the table.Now I knowe how to get the votes from political lambs like you in the next election. You'll be voting for me before you know it.
      1. 3/16/2013 12:23 PM Anonymous wrote:
        always a pleasure to put women on the dais - you can be next
  • 3/14/2013 7:43 PM Retired FLPD wrote:
    I'm glad to see the results. Charlotte did nothing for the men and women in blue or the fire fights. I hope Dean stays away from the little guys from NYC this time, they didn't give him good advice the last time around. Dean was fair to us when he was first elected and I hope he'll give the Cops a chance again. If not, Tim you're our only hope in Dist 2.
    1. 3/14/2013 9:36 PM Anonymous wrote:
      is retired flpd a distric two commissioner?
  • 3/14/2013 8:10 PM City Activist Robert walsh wrote:
    You are no joke Tim Smith. 71% of Middle River terr voted for Dean, again congrats Tim(although you had the "ace' Judy Stern helping from the sidelines, I always felt very uneasy w/ Char/Judy' falling out). So much to comment on tim. Before Dean fires Scott wyman(District 2 comm. ast) after Dean is sworn in Tuesday am-I would think very carefully about firing Scott. First of all he never stated a bad word about you(he took that staying neautral very seroiusly). Scott knows everything about the District. He is allready trained and I think is an assest to the District. Dean you won, appoint anyone you want(naturally) but for the good /welfare of the District it would be benefical to the district and to yourself to keep him. To start from strach w/ someone new or poltical favorite, keep in mind he would be an assest to you. This nonsense some of you are thinking that he would run to Charlotte(for what??). He is a genuis at the computer and he again knows all the ins and outs of the Commisison, and the very important issues that await commission approval. And no cheap shots like keep him because he is gay, is absurd his sexuality is ireavant. Lastly to Charlotte you will dust your self off, get back on that horse and on to your next ambitions(you madea differnce). She is a lovely woman and has been very good to me. (I will never forget your support and concern(and many more)when my mother passed away. Who would have thought by 45(I turned 46 two weeks after my mother died) that both my parents would be dead(my father Bernie (Bern) died when I was 29. Isn't it funny on his death bed he stated make sure you take care of Anne-Marie(ann)(my mother). I did not let him down. So whats next Robert, who knows. Again Tim congrats. Word to the wise Comm.trantalis never "diss" Tim, because as fast as he put you in that seat(district 2) he can remove you ,just as fast. To close, I'll miss you Charlotte Rodstrom.......
    1. 3/14/2013 9:48 PM ides of march wrote:
      To keep Scott Wyman is not because he was charlotte's admin person. Better than that as Scott knows Broward ins and out for better and worse as reporter twenty years, then city history ins and out and dirt as well and how 8th fl works and will have alegiance to Dean as Charlotte won't be back on 8th Floor unless new Mayor when he runs out to run for Lt. Gov. Then she may hire Scott W if available. You only have 2 years - actually less because you will start March 2015 campaign summer 2014. Keep Scott around, size him up, test his trust, and wisely decide then.
      You may get a more loyal admin assistant but no one near as knowledgeable to steer you out of the sandtraps and sinkholes that will surely be put in your path on 8th Floor. you have been gone over 7 years and the players at the top are a far different bunch than the group in office running show before march 2006 election. You were also the only lawyer back then