Rodstrom Ready to Rumble?

Former Commissioner Charlotte Rodstrom sent out a letter to her former constituents this past week.

Pundits are trying to analyze the letter. It looks and sounds like a campaign letter, and some theorize that she is already setting the stage for a comeback!

I wasn't sure if that's what it meant, so I tried something new.

I sent the letter through an amazing brand new app- "what they really mean app", and was quite surprised ! It was way worth the 99 cents I paid for the app!

Rodstroms' "real" thoughts came through in red!

Dear Friends and Neighbors even you Dean - you bastard,

As I clear out my office and place this little bugging device in the ceiling, I reflect back on the past 7 years of service to you. You provided me with a wonderful opportunity and many life lessons along the way. Together, ....... we were able to advance your goals and objectives ........ I was pleased to be the person in government you could depend on certainly not those overpaid employees and the corrupt City Managers!

Now the election is over and with only a 20 vote difference Dean barely won, and probably
cheated Mr. Dean Trantalis will be at the helm. I can assure you that I will stay active and try and make Dean's life a living hell! .....

......  I was your watchdog at City
Hall  ......pit bull ....  Let us not forget the numerous neighborhood improvements   .... I did so much, it will take pages to list them all, but I will !   .....

Additionally, my work with the Stonewall library and the Domestic Partnership Ordinance
- didn't matter a lick as you people had one of your own on the ballot ...

.....   Now as Commissioner Trantalis takes the helm, I shall pass the baton over to him
.. I'd like to do something else with that baton !  ..

Sincerely,
... not really ....

Charlotte

Comments

• 4/15/2013 8:51 AM just one vote pease wrote:
    C'mon Tim - candiates are always running. Thats what they do.
    We just had a prez election and the wannabees are on the campaign trail for 2016 already - actually with primaries and all its only 2-1/2 years away. dems and Repubs.
    ok. back to Ft Lauderdale -
    look at dist commish page for each of the 5 on the ftlauderdale.gov website. each 'bio' page reads like a quasi-campaign mailer
    one even touts he was relected with 84% of vote. really. why would you include that except to convey the overwhelming support this commission has from their voting constituents. all 10% of them. 8% in dist 2. (20 votes is not a landslide by any definition)and if all 10% turn out and vote for mayor in his run for Governor, then he will be sitting pretty in tallahass Governor mansion thanks to the fort lauderdale voters, right?
  • 4/15/2013 9:08 AM MR wrote:
    Funny!! I got my morning laugh.
    Charlottte, probably not so much....
  • 4/15/2013 9:08 AM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
    Tim,
    Blog 501 had tears rolling down my face!

It is safe to say that with the Rodstroms ready to return to the political arena, you will have a plethora of material to write blogs forever.
    1. 4/15/2013 2:12 PM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
      I thought it was going to be a Char(les)Heston thing. You know, prying the baton from her cold dead hands!
  • 4/15/2013 9:10 AM B-Man wrote:
    Wonderful
  • 4/15/2013 6:47 PM Charlotte wrote:
    This election was an abstraction. We love Fort Lauderdale and it will not be changed by those that are the interopers.You just wait and see.
    1. 4/18/2013 6:29 AM America wrote:
      Interoper? What the heck is that? There should be a written exam before being allowed to run for office.
      1. 4/18/2013 7:48 AM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
        What I think Charlotte meant was an interloper (in•ter•lop•er ). An interloper is a person who becomes involved in a place or situation where they are not wanted or are considered not to belong.

Let me give you an example, a former city commissioner showed up at a few county commissioners’ offices asking to have an item concerning Middle River Terrace, pulled off the agenda. This former city commissioner doesn't represent Middle River Terrace. The former city commissioner doesn't live in Middle River Terrace; therefore making her an interloper.
        1. 4/18/2013 9:40 PM America wrote:
          So its Chinese for interloper?
  • 4/16/2013 5:46 AM Sam wrote:
    Charlotte- If this election was an abstraction, why would you paint yet another picture of yourself being a LOSER- give it up woman- I hear Sprint airlines is hiring!
  • 4/16/2013 1:58 PM Lester Zalewski wrote:
    Tonight the commission will hear a proposal on a 11 story luxury condo to be build on the inner coastal. Our commissioner ran on, no new high rise buildings on the barrier island. How does this balance against no new jobs for district II and no additional revenue for the city? Well good luck commissioner.
    1. 4/18/2013 6:26 AM America wrote:
      Inner coastal? What the heck is that? There should be a written exam before being allowed to run for office.
      1. 4/24/2013 7:33 AM Lester Zalewski wrote:
        The Inner Coastal - YouTube

May 7, 2011 - Uploaded by Steve Montignani
        A part of a long trip on the Inner Coastal Highway--water, bridges, birds and boats. Music by Doc Merwin ..
  • 4/18/2013 8:52 PM City Activist Robert Walsh wrote:
    Wow-Mary Pat Rhodes- your not to jealous of Charlotte now are you. I thought here greeting letter was very nice(your special too). I mean when is enough , enough??. She was always there when you wanted something, but yet you hate her. Why?(join the club Char, my brothers/sister hate my guts. I guess the Fuji bikes, super tacks skates and prom dresses wasn't enough-sorry, at least i didn't hide under the bed when our parents where argueing-enough..)
    1. 4/19/2013 4:13 PM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
      Hello Robert, I was wondering when you would start again. Jealous of Char? You are too funny.

Where do you get your information? Char did nothing for me during her reign. She only showed up around election time, pandering for votes. Now Mayor Seiler did more for me and my community than my own commissioner. He was right out here in the mix getting safety restored. He put action behind his face time.

So Dear Robert, I am glad to see that you have found my posts emotionally stirring. I am thrilled you think so much of me! I must be powerful to have you spend so much time thinking about little old me!

Move over Chief Adderley, I am topping you on City Activist Robert Walsh's list! Don't be jelly!

Hugs and Kisses,
      Mary Pat Rhodes

* Pandering is the act of expressing one's views in accordance with the likes of a group to which one is attempting to appeal.
      1. 4/20/2013 5:44 PM America wrote:
        The police restored your safety. We should appreciate them like they do in Boston.
        1. 4/21/2013 3:36 PM Mary Pat Rhodes wrote:
          You are 100% correct. The FLPD restored safety. I can say they were there for and with us at all times.

Also the city manager, Lee Feldman, was very active for us. When I asked Mr. Feldman for anything he was very responsive.

After seeing the police work together today at the Air & Sea Show today; I know many people thought felt the pride in our police department.
  • 4/21/2013 4:38 PM City Activist Robert Walsh wrote:
    Mary Pat Rhodes -you are the one w/ your smart-ass comments about Charlotte Rodstrom(read your blog posts). Also(its funny to those that know me)-I pander to no one. And what is your little dig in refernce to move over Chief Adderly? That I don't get. Anyhow hugs and kisses back. Oh lastly another one throwing your name around "Mr.Seiler"..