Neighborhood Full of Burglaries

There are some Fort Lauderdale neighborhoods with little -to- no home burglaries.

(A burglary is where some criminal climbs in your window or door and steals your things. Hopefully, you are not home when that happens.)

Our City Managers' neighborhood, (Bal Harbor), has had one burglary so far this year, Galt Mile has had one, Idlewyld one, Sunrise Key and Sunrise Intracoastal,  none.

Then there is my neighborhood ! ......  The list below is the long list of my neighbors who had burglars climb in their windows (or doors) so far this year. There have been more burglaries in my neighborhood so far this year than any year on record. (The list is entitled South Middle River, but that is the PD's mistake, it is actually a list of the burglaries in Middle River Terrace...)

............   Just not right !

Comments

• 11/18/2013 3:22 PM Frank wrote:
    In the words of Judge Judy: SO MOVE.
    The Police are worthless. We have no Police presence here on the A1A strip either. I have no idea where they go or what they do other than to collect a fat pay check, get free health care and a sizeable pension.
    1. 11/18/2013 4:53 PM Sam wrote:
      Whoa dude- Do you work on that negativity, or does it just come natural??
      Running away from problems never works.....

Where are the leaders of your community Tim? They should take a few lessons from your experience in crimefighting. In the past, your neighborhood was a mess, but you guys did a great job cleaning it up.
      Hopefully someone will take action before it spirals out of control again...
  • 11/18/2013 5:48 PM Raymond Dettmann wrote:
    Call fr a Major Crime Walk I will come and Support You also Tim like many have stated before We need Community Policing The Commission needs to do it what we have now is doing nothing all the police is doing is reporting the crime not helping prevent it the Residents cannot be expected to do it.
  • 11/19/2013 5:00 AM Pragmatist wrote:
    Tim, bad guys know where the pickings are good and police presence is dismal. This particular area has a reputation for "easy pickins".. Your neighbors need to video the sheer amount of riff-raff that slithers in the area, then go video where the cops are. But more important what they are doing! I have already observed police "congregating" in parking lots (for hours by the way) doing nothing but looking to avoid (paperwork). This entire area needs a new rotation of police that arent afraid to pull out a pen. Just my two cents
    1. 11/22/2013 12:08 PM LJ wrote:
      Well said. "Squeaky wheels..." can become very loud big wheels !!
  • 11/19/2013 11:16 AM Ask your buddy Chief Adderly wrote:
    Tim, Ask your buddy Chief Adderly for his solution.
    Up scale neighborhoods have police proactive detail FLPD officers on patrol paid for by neighborhood residents?
    Solution = $$$$$$$$$$$$
    1. 11/22/2013 5:56 AM Pragmatist wrote:
      Thats a joke right? Throw money at it and it will all go away? Jeez how much more money does it take to get a job done you already OVERPAY for? There is a running theme by participants on this blog..throw money at it..in case you havent noticed? FLPD have a pretty cushy detail. Bikini's, fair weather and dont have to shovel snow to pull out of their driveways and we still have some of the laziest cops in the country.
  • 11/19/2013 8:02 PM City activist Robert Walsh wrote:
    I see nothing has changed, since I gave you that same report last year. Hopefully, you will get more police protection Tim. It doesn't help although when we have a commissioner putting our police dept. down every chance he gets. I mean Trantalis here isn't it funny you alone w/ the Mayor/commissioners put together combining all their terms have not utilized this police dept. more than Dean has. The cops during the last five(5) yrs, have been to Trantalis domicile more times than all of them put together(yes). Everything from b/e's to alarms being tripped, you name it. Oh I know Dean the Police are overpayed, take advantage of their cruisers(yep, giving me joy rides every night). Again Trantalis knows I don't have enough for a conviction ,concerning his stunt during District 2 's last election(Rick Smith huh). (At least my ass is clean pertaining to both of them)
  • 11/22/2013 7:27 AM New MRT resident wrote:
    I am baffled by the lack of response from the neighborhood leaders on this issue- as a new resident (2 years) in MRT, I wanted to get involved, so I went to meetings, and signed up on Nextdoor.

I was dismayed by the focus then-president Creseco put solely on the Dixie highway project- no regard to any other issue the neighborhood was facing ( crime). ( Our house was broken into the first month we moved here)

Back then, it was an every day occurance to recieve posts on Nextdoor from her to push her plan through. Now, after the plan was pushed down our throats and approved,we hear nothing from her, or her cronies regarding our escalating crime problem.

I believe the lack of leadership from her,and those that followed, allowed our crime problem to fester.

If only they would put half as much energy into fighting crime as they did the Dixie project, we would be on the way to recovery....